Skip to content

At Burnt Out all of our candles are made from soy wax. Soy wax has many benefits. It is a natural, biodegradable, eco-friendly product made from pure soybean oil. This gives a cleaner burn and you don’t end up with the same soot build-up that you would get with a paraffin candle.
Anything that we put a naked flame to will never be 100% risk-free but we can reduce the risks by following candle safety guidelines
•Never ever leave a burning candle unattended!
•Always remember to trim the wick! An untrimmed wick leads to a dancing uncontrolled flame. The wick can also fold over and dip back into the wax which can be a fire hazard. A candle wick should be trimmed to 0.5cm before lighting, the flame should be no higher than 1.5cm.
•Always make sure your candle is sitting on a heat proof surface such as a plate.
•Never use your candle in a draughty area.
This can have an effect on the flame and if sitting near other items they could potentially catch fire.
•Never burn the wax until there is nothing left in the jar. If this happens the heat build up could make the jar crack and smash.
•Always keep away from pets and children.

Wax Melts & Oil Burners Safety Guidelines

•Oil Burners need to be maintained and cleaned out on a regular basis.
•Always make sure that there is enough room between the flame from the tea light and the well of the burner.
•There should be a gap of at least 4cm between the top of the tea light and the underneath of the well.
•Always keep away from children and pets.
•Never leave unattended whilst burning and place your burner on a heat resistant surface.
•Never burn for more than fours hours at a time as your burner could get too hot.
•Only attempt to move your burner once it has cooled as the hot wax could burn you.

Follow by Email